Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello, Boomers

As you tumble into the realm of Boomer, I am here to greet you.  I was born in January, 1946, so I missed being the very first boomer by only days.  Way to go, mom.  And dad.

For a start, I'm pissed that cost of living continues to go up, up, up while Social Security benefits have been frozen for two plus years, because supposedly the economy is stable.  Bull.

I'm pissed because the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting richer.  No, that's not a misprint.  It's you and me, Boomers, the middle class, who are getting the shaft.  Bush gave everything to the rich, his buddies.  Obama gives everything to the poor.  Where does the middle class come in?  When do we get a break? When does the pendulum swing and then come to the middle --Us?  Boomers.

There has to be a happy medium, my friends.  Just haven't found it yet.

2 comments:

  1. It's called the "silent middle-class". We're afraid to say anything for fear they'll take more from us. Peg

    ReplyDelete